Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meal Plans Jan 29th - Feb 4th

This week I'm gonna try Indian Fry Bread. I'm so nervous. Nothing I've ever deep-fried has turned out well. I don't know if it's my stove, my pan, or me! So we'll see how this goes!

Meals

Saturday: Spaghetti, Salad, Rolls

Sunday: Roast w/Mashed Potatoes, veggies & Apple Crisp
I use a pork loin roast that's packaged in it's own marinade. I throw it in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Makes for an easy meal and great leftovers for the week. For desert I'm going to try this Betty Crocker recipe.

Monday: Indian Fry Bread
My aunt is a native american, adopted into our family. She would make this for us occasionally for dinner while we were growing up. It's great because the fry bread serves as a base for both dinner and desert.

* 1 cup Flour
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* Oil for frying
* 1 can chili with beans
* shredded lettuce
* chopped tomato
* shredded cheese
* sour cream
* honey
* powdered sugar

Mix flour, salt and baking powder together. Slowly pour in milk and mix until combined (don't knead!) Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Flour your hands well then stretch and spread the dough into rough disc shapes 5-7 inches in diameter. Heat oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. Gently drop the dough into the pan. Press down with heat-safe tongs while it frys. 3-4 minutes per side. Set onto a plate with paper towels on it. Repeat for other pieces. Top two of the fry bread pieces with chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. For desert, top the other two with honey and powdered sugar.

Tuesday: Ham Fried Rice

Cook rice according to instructions. Meanwhile, in a small pan pour 1 Tbl oil and toss in some chopped green onions. Add an egg and cook until scrambled. Remove the egg mix from the pan and set aside. Now brown some cubed ham and set aside when done. Lastly cook up 2-4 slices of bacon. Let cool then crumble and set aside. When rice is done, combine all the ingredients with the rice and a dash of soy sauce or 2 Tbl of sweet'n'sour sauce.

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Shrimp & Swiss Grilled Cheese Sammich
I'm making this recipe up so we'll see how it turns out. I plan to cook it like a normal grilled cheese sammich except for the filling I'll use slices of swiss cheese and pre-cooked shrimp with tails removed.

Friday: Black Bean Soup
I'm using this recipe from Eating Well.com. Matt and I have done it before and it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment