Friday, January 21, 2011

Vitality

When I had gallbladder surgery just a few weeks ago my mom came out to help a bit which was really awesome of her. She and my Dad are reps for NuSkin so while she was here she showed me this new product they have called ageLoc Vitality. It's a dietary suppliment that improves physical vigor, mental acuity, and sexual desire. While I have no problems with the third part the first two I feel I could use a little help with. Especially trying to get back on a healthy track after surgery and the months of craziness before that.

My mom gave me a bottle to try for free. You're supposed to take 3 pills with breakfast and 3 with lunch. So here goes! I took my first three this morning! In order to keep track of how well it works for me, I've decided to pick up my blog again and write down how I'm feeling every once in a while.

This morning I felt tired. A couple restless nights are likely the cause but I had been fighting the 'tired' feeling before that too. You know those mid-winter blues that make you just want to curl up in your warm bed and never leave it until spring? Yeah I don't really want to be a grizzly bear this winter. I want to DO things! But I just don't feel like I have the motivation to because I just feel tired and sluggish. So maybe vitality will help. We'll see!

There are so many stories associated with these pills. Good stories, great stories! My dad, for example, has suffered from severe (and that word is terribly inadequate) migraines for the past 5 years. NOTHING worked to get rid of these headaches. It was always just pop migraine medicine and drink a diet coke and hope the caffine punch would turn the headache down to a bearable level. His headaches were an almost daily occurrence. My dad has been taking Vitality since October and hasn't had a single headache since. It was simply miraculous.

My mom told me the story of a secretary who was chatting with my dad and she mentioned being tired all the time. Dad gave her a bottle of Vitality to try. The secretary had some mandatory bloodwork that needed to be done every few months. She was positive she was going to totally bomb it because this was in December and the holidays were hectic and she hadn't been eating right or exercising for a while. She figured she'd give Vitality a try. She took it for a week and then went and had her bloodwork done. The doctor who compared the bloodwork results called her and asked her what she was doing because her bloodwork was the most perfect of all the people who had their bloodwork done and it was, in fact, the most perfect and healthy he'd every seen. She called my dad back and told him about it and ordered another bottle of Vitality.

That last story is a hope I hold for myself. Because of my PCOS, I'm borderline diabetic and my body treats foods a little differently. That's why it's difficult for me to loose weight, even when I was on my 1100-calories-a-day diet. I've also got borderline high cholesterol. So I'm hoping that Vitality can help me in those areas of my health too like they've helped other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment