Friday, November 13, 2009

Calzones - Dough Recipe

Instead of using store bought pizza dough for the Calzones in this week's menu I used homemade. I have a bread machine that can crank out dough for me so I cannot provide you with how long to let it rise or how long to knead it but I can give you the recipe I use! And I haven't tried it yet with wheat flour but I'm sure it'd work just as well.

Calzone Dough
1 cup water
1 tbl olive or canola oil
2 1/2 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp Yeast

That's it! I throw it in the bread machine and put it on Manual/Dough and let it go to work for me. This dough is not nearly as thick as pizza dough usually is and I found it much easier to work with. It made enough for 4 large calzones. This recipe came with the bread machine recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment